How Workplace Ergonomics Keep Your Body Healthy and Strong
Poor posture in the workplace is nothing new but since more people are working from home, the problem seems to be getting worse.
At home, people are more relaxed and tend to do their work from just about anywhere (including the couch). Additionally, many people’s homes aren’t set up for ideal workplace ergonomics.
Why does this matter?
The Benefits of Practicing Good Workplace Ergonomics
Good posture at your desk prevents pain. You’ve probably noticed how your neck feels stiff and sore after a long day at work. You may even experience headaches or back pain. Much of the time, it’s due to:
- Not taking enough breaks
- Poor posture
- Poor ergonomic set-up
Ergonomic Tips from Your Fargo Chiropractor
Not sure what steps you need to take to improve workplace ergonomics? Here are some tips.
- Keep your body in a neutral position as often as possible. Stand straight with your head, neck, and shoulders aligned, as opposed to hunching over.
- When sitting at your desk, keep your elbows and knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Invest in a quality office chair that is comfortable, supports your back, and is adjustable so you can sit in a neutral position.
- Invest in a footrest, if you’re shorter, so you can keep your feet flat on the floor and knees bent at 90-degrees.
- Raise your computer monitor so it’s at eye-level. You want to look straight ahead, not down at the screen.
- Take a break at least every hour. Get up, walk around, and do some stretching.
- Practice the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes look away from your computer and glance 20 feet away for approximately 20 seconds.
Still Experiencing Pain? We Can Help!
Practicing good workplace ergonomics might not ease all your pain immediately. Your body needs help recovering from months – or even years – of poor postures.
A Fargo chiropractor can help your body heal from repetitive strain, muscle tension, and spinal misalignment. Chiropractic care can improve flexibility and reduce your risk of workplace injuries.
Drs. Paul Bekkum and Josh Jaeger want to help you unleash your body’s full potential. With regular chiropractic care, you can be healthier, stronger, and more productive.