Many senior citizens already know the benefits of chiropractic care and how it can improve the ‘Golden Years’. Those who visit a chiropractor on a regular basis often report experiencing more energy, greater flexibility, and less pain in day-to-day life. In fact, chiropractic is about much more than pain relief – it’s about improving the quality of life. With Americans living longer than ever before, there is no need to retire to the rocking chair during retirement. Instead, let professional chiropractic care keep you active, healthy, and living life to the fullest.
Facts About Seniors and Chiropractic:
- One in five adults will be age 65 or older by the year 2030.
- Among seniors, chiropractic is one of the most commonly used alternative therapies.
- While many seniors get adjustments to treat back pain or other symptoms, chiropractic is also effective for preventing or managing diseases and other health problems common to mature adults.
- A study published in “Topics of Clinical Chiropractic” found that 66% of seniors who do not get chiropractic treatment have arthritis in comparison to 48% of those who do visit a chiropractor regularly.
- The same study found that seniors who do not get chiropractic treatment are far more likely to be placed in a nursing home than those who do visit a chiropractor regularly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of conditions is senior chiropractic care helpful for?Seniors who regularly undergo chiropractic treatment may enjoy many different types of benefits. Examples include:
- Pain relief
- Greater range of motion
- Improved balance
- Better coordination
- Fewer falls