The Lowdown on Back Pain With Your Fargo Chiropractors
Are you dealing with back pain at this moment? According to the American Chiropractic Association, just over 30 million Americans are dealing with lower back pain at any given time. This common problem can be caused by a variety of factors, but no matter the cause, there is one universal theme — back pain is not okay! If you're dealing with persistent back pain, our local chiropractors are here to help North Dakota patients find lasting relief and Finally Feel Good again.
All Seasons Full Body Chiropractic Center, LLC in Fargo specializes in comprehensive chiropractic care, providing Top Rated® Local services to help our patients feel young, move freely, and thrive with more energy. We take a complete approach to whole-body health and will offer the right approach tailored to help you feel great. If you're tired of dealing with back pain, our team is ready to listen, assess, and address the root of your problem!
Keep reading to get the lowdown on back pain, and be sure to schedule with our local chiropractors to begin your Finally Feel Good Plan!
A Common Problem
A lot of research has been done to show just how disruptive and invasive back pain can be, and the results aren't promising:
- #1 cause of disability — Across the globe, back pain is the top leading cause of disability. People cite a loss in both productivity and happiness.
- $50 billion in healthcare costs — Back pain is the third most common reason for a visit to the doctor's office, accounting for a large medical bill each year.
- $50 billion more in lost value — When you include the cost in terms of decreased productivity and work wages, the total bill comes out to more than $100 billion.
- 264 million workdays lost — Back pain is the cause for more than 260 million lost workdays in one calendar year. This equates to two full working days missed for every full-time work in the country.
- 80% chance of experiencing back pain — Studies estimate that more than three quarters of the population will suffer from back pain at some point throughout their lifetime.
Did you know that lower back pain is becoming an increasingly prevalent problem? From poor posture and less physical activity to problems such as text neck, subluxations, and other body alignment problems, more and more Americans are visiting their doctor to address this uncomfortable and oftentimes painful ailment.
What Causes Back Pain?
Your spine, ligaments, muscles, and disks all comprise a complex system of support for the body. A number of scenarios can cause back pain, from injuries including a sports incident or a car accident to actions as simple as bending over to tie your shoes. Oftentimes, long-term concerns such as poor posture, obesity, and other risk factors can add to the likelihood of injury.
Chiropractic Care Can Help
Spinal adjustments have been in use to provide relief from back pain for thousands of years. Precise spinal manipulations can prove to have lasting benefits without the need for costly treatments or invasive surgery. In cases where prescription drugs are a typical form of relief, chiropractic care can prove to be a much safer and healthier alternative.
Back Pain Prevention
If you ail from frequent bouts of back pain, it can help to make lifestyle adjustments to help generate more beneficial results. Your primary care provider and chiropractor will likely suggest quitting smoking, eating better, and sleeping more in order to minimize the chances of dealing with future back pain. This advice may feel generic, but keep in mind that chiropractic care is meant to assist in creating a healthful outcome from a variety of daily improvements. You want to feel better, and your doctors know how to help!
Simple steps may help to increase your overall health:
- Stay active — Develop a plan to keep you up and moving. As long as your chiropractor approves, be sure to maintain a steady level of low-impact activity.
- Avoid sedentary habits — It can become too easy to sit and watch the television all afternoon, but long bouts of inactivity can cause discomfort.
- Eat right — The body is known to suffer from inflammation when under attack from invaders such as harmful bacteria. While useful for defending the body, excess inflammation can cause problems. Eat balanced meals to support your digestive health and decrease inflammatory responses.
- Watch your weight — Maintaining a healthy weight can help to offset a variety of health concerns, as well as lead to better back and joint comfort.
- Wear proper footwear — Your path to finally feeling good again begins with comfortable footwear. In many cases, custom orthotics can help to provide lasting support.
- Focus on posture — Proper posture is important in preventing future pain. Rely on office furniture that supports healthy positions, make sure your chair and desk are ergonomically sound, and always lift with your legs when you need to move heavy objects.
Schedule With Our Fargo Chiropractors
Back pain is a common problem, but it doesn't have to remain a problem. Proper body alignment can help to prevent or manage a range of issues associated with back pain, with spinal manipulation taking the forefront as an effective way to get things back on track.
All Seasons Full Body Chiropractic Center, LLC in Fargo is here to provide quality chiropractic care to North Dakota residents and beyond. Our team focuses on the body as a whole to achieve full-body relief. Minimize your pain, boost your energy, and Finally Feel Good again! If you're ready to learn more about how to achieve back pain relief, be sure to schedule an appointment online, or contact us for assistance. We look forward to speaking with you!
The post The Lowdown on Back Pain With Your Fargo Chiropractors appeared first on All Seasons Full Body Chiropractic Center, LLC.